[LMB] OT: Equality, was: Hugos and slates

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 01:39:02 BST 2015

There's less promotion and publicity and attention because people are
genuinely less interested in it.  I can't judge whether women and men have
different baseline levels of athletic talent, but I know that's a
commonly-held opinion.  (I am reminded of the episode of *Futurama* with
the planet of the Amazons, whose basketball team didn't do dunking and
three-point-shots as much, but excelled at 'the fundamentals' - which
proclamation made Fry and Brannigan burst out laughing.)

Before concluding that bigotry is responsible, it might be helpful to
determine if there are actual differences in performance, first.

Matt G.