[LMB] I'm not obsessed....

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 4 02:35:56 GMT 2015

> From: Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk

> On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 14:21:06 +1100, Gwynne Powell
> >I don't think it'd be long before people are demanding the FP
> >first, instead of the trial, to save money on expensive lawyers.
> >After all if you knew you were innocent why should you have
> >to pay huge amounts for expensive lawyers, and go through the
> >stress of months incarcerated and on trial, and all the disruption
> >to your life, when ten minutes of FP questioning would avoid the
> >whole thing?

> A *lot* of politicians are lawyers.  Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

But politicians are elected by the people. Sooner or later a few
high-profile cases will lead to public pressure, and someone will
ride that issue into the election to grab the votes. Some people
will pay to have a FP interrogation by a private company, just to
prove they're innocent. Police will start to see the value of it in
time saved by eliminating suspects in a case.  People will start
to demand it from their leaders. Once one place breaks the line,
everywhere else will start demanding it. I'm sure they'll try to put
 limits, and protect the lucrative legal system. But it'll come.

Gwynne (INVENT it already!)