[LMB] OT: Irony and past leaders, was Gregor

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Sat Dec 5 03:46:18 GMT 2015

> On 5 Dec 2015, at 2:16 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If they had eaten a politician, you'd be finding sharks barfing all over

Thanks Eric for the best laugh I've had in ages. It was unfortunate that I was drinking Coke at the time. Had to stop and mop off the iPad .
 You, Eric, have an almost Australian outlook on pollies. I once had my physiotherapist ( a very , very recent immigrant to Oz) ask me why all Aussies assumed that politicians were crooked regardless of their party . My response was that we assumed that because they all were in one way or another. She was surprised that we were never shocked when another political scandal hit the news - I said that we expected it so it didn't bother us too much.