[LMB] Why is Aral bisexual?

anmar Caver anmar.mirza at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 18:07:11 GMT 2015

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015, Aruvqan <aruvqan at gmail.com> wrote:

> And it doubles the number of people you can flirt with!

It also doubles the number of people who are offended if you flirt with
them :)

> I know a fair number of military that are heteronormal appearing [both
> male and female] or appear to be in normal relationships but turn out to be
> gay/bi/in a nontraditional relationship and are only doing it to blend in
> until retirement, or in the cases of a few until they retire from the
> working community because employers need 'normal'
>
> I am not a fan of needing to hide ones self just to have a career.

Nor I, but in my case I do not hide myself, it's just people's assumptions
that I'm straight since as I don't have a boyfriend (alas) or have a
scarlet "B" tattooed on my forehead, it's the default assumption as the op
in this thread demonstrates.  When in fact, my bisexuality is actually a
very important part of my core identity and informs much of the choices I
make and actions I take.  Most people around me know I am poly because we
don't hide our family structure, but few people take the time to try to
understand, instead being content with their assumptions.  If the book of
my life were being written though, being bisexual would be a crucial plot
element from which the reader would need to draw to understand the
protagonist.  There would, of course as in the book as in my real life,
those who would decry that such a detail was surely unimportant and they'd
prefer to not have known.

Anmar

--
Anmar Mirza EMT, N9ISY, NCRC National Coordinator, RBNC President