[LMB] What about Ges?? Why is Aral bisexual?

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:26:01 GMT 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Paula Lieberman <paal at filker.org> wrote:

> -Why- did Ezar let Ges live?  Prince Serg was Ezar's own monster, Ezar's
> son whom Ezar wound up making his own last mission/obsession to eradicate,
> after having tolerated his existence past the point where Serg proved to be
> an irredeemable monster.  But Ges was not Ezar's son, not the father of
> Ezar's grandchild, why didn't Ezar direct ImpSec to liquidate Ges?

I rather suspect it is similar to a current political situation (which I
will not discuss due to US politics and my own personal distaste for how
the current discussion is going, elsewhere)  There were NO good choices
when it came to Ges, and Serg for that matter, so Ezar spent a lot of time
trying to figure out what the "best" bad choice would be. *Killing his own
son* was the decision he came to, but the set-up had to be *perfect* for
that to work.  In fact, Cordelia's arrival and brief time spent in Ges's
clutches caused problems with that set-up.

I think that Aral mentioned that Ges, to some degree, kept Serg under
control. Ges may also, for all we know, have been a good military man --
not at Aral's level, certainly, but good enough for Ezar to look the other
way.

Anyway, that is far from an exhaustive list, but it's a start.

Ann