[LMB] Why is Aral bisexual?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 01:57:34 GMT 2015

> From: anmar Caver <anmar.mirza at gmail.com>

Some snips.....
> .....The one issue I have with the dialogue between Cordelia and
> Vordarian in an otherwise brilliant scene is when Cordelia says "was
> bisexual, now he's monogamous" is that assumption that a monogamous person
> is no longer bisexual....

I think Cordelia is dealing with Vordarian's assumptions. When
Vordarian says that Aral is bisexual he's telling her that he knows
Aral has relationships with men and women. Cordelia's answer
doesn't deny that, she tells Vordarian that Aral has chosen her.

And yes, it's a marvellous scene. It also shows how a simple social
evening is a minefield, and every word you say can be dangerous.
That's true in a lot of places, of course, but on Barrayar, at that
time, there were swords under the words.

Gwynne