[LMB] Why is Aral bisexual?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:45:35 GMT 2015

> From: Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net

> But as I said - we know that valid reasons can allow someone to break his marriage oath - or even his oath to the emperor!    Humans and societies find ways to do what we want.

And giving a marriage oath to a woman would be very different
to giving a marriage oath to your lord or emperor. Guy stuff is so
much more important, after all.

Besides, marriage is important for titles and inheritance, which
aren't much of a problem for proles. I don't think a Vor lord like
Piotr would regard a prole's private life as being in any way
comparable in honour to being an armsman.

Also, the couple swear their vows to each other; it's likely that
there's some kind of 'forsaking all others' line. Which most Vor
lords had no trouble breaking - there's various mentions of
courtesans here and there in the text.

There's definitely different levels of oaths - I can't find the textev,
but there's a comment - somewhere - that women can't take
important oaths. Since one of the oaths they CAN take is marriage,
it tells you where that stands on the scale.

Gwynne (I remember when I had a memory... no I don't.)