[LMB] SF for various generations

Paula Lieberman paal at filker.org
Mon Dec 28 23:28:08 GMT 2015

Apparent genentics which makes people react very badly to fava beans,
provides some protection against malaria!
And -one- copy of the sickle cell anemia gene, which if carried from -one-
parent and not both (one copy, as opposed to two...), provides some
protection against malaria.  Having it from both parents, tends to be lethal
at a relatively young age.

--Paula Lieberman