[LMB] CoC chapter 15: the strikeback begins

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Jun 3 13:37:53 BST 2015

> On Jun 3, 2015, at 4:43 AM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The gods have no need for his help, they've set Caz on the path. Gods
>> don't seem to have much of a retirement plan for saints.
>>

> Well, there's the long term plan, where they become particularly treasured
> in the gods' gardens (as per the Daughter's metaphor).
>
> In the short term, well... I suppose any change of job has a time of
> uncertainty? I admit I'd like to collect "unemployment benefits", at least,
> during such times.

I’m not even sure the saints get rewarded for their work.   At least externally.    Most everybody gets taken up when they die, and saints don’t seem to be looking forward to being held up higher than other taken souls.    The reward for doing good is its own reward, even if the world doesn’t recognize it.