[LMB] OT: Georgette Heyer pronunciation

Bill Welch moremoth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:29:41 BST 2015

First and second times, there are definitely two syllables, hay-er.  The
third time he says it quickly and there is only one syllable, hare.  But
the pronunciation I was thinking of is a quite drawn-out hare, a definite
single syllable, not a quick and slightly slurred word.  Of course this
depends to some extent on how the reader of this would pronounce "hare"
...  I think there are southern American versions that would make two
distinct syllables of that.  Which is not what I mean.

Bill