[LMB] 5 GU name survey

BlueRose stacey at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jun 12 04:00:20 BST 2015

      From: Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com>
 To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold. <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
 Sent: Friday, 12 June 2015 1:28 PM
 Subject: Re: [LMB] 5 GU name survey

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 7:15 PM, BlueRose <stacey at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> And I agree with a later comment, if *your* character wants to be
> Desdemona then let her.  I have faith in your writing ability to pull us in
> and make us see her completely differently for those who can't separate the
> two quite different characters.

I think much of the problem is that 'Desdemona' is a fairly uncommon name.
If she had been called 'Stacy' or 'Jane' or 'Esmerelda' there would be
enough people sharing that name to dilute the association.

S- FYI (and it could be my age or living in NZ) but there aren't that many Stacy/ey/i/iearound either.  I work in a national company that employs several thousand people and there are only two here, and I'm one of them :)

Stacey