[LMB] as long as we're asking technical questions AKICOT:L

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 15:18:58 BST 2015

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:40:48 -0400, "Paula Lieberman" <paal at filker.org>
wrote:

>>I'm beta-testing some software in my area of expertise that currently
>>runs only on iPad.
>>

>Ugh.
>There are more Android tablets than iPads, and Android has some degree of
>open source access.  Apple does "walled gardens".

Android version is next, but they thought iOS played better with
corporates.  They may be right: corporates *like* walled gardens.
--

Marc

They used dogs.  They used probes.  They used cardio plate crossoffs. They used teepers.  They used bribery.  They used stick tites.  They used intimidation.  They used torment.  They used torture.  They used finks.  They used cops.  They used search and seizure.  They used fallaron.  They used betterment incentives.  They used finger prints. They used the bertillion system.  They used cunning.  They used guile. They used treachery.  They used Raoul-Mitgong but he wasn't much help. They used applied physics.  They used techniques of criminology.  And what the hell, they caught him. (Harlan Ellison, "Repent, Harlequin, said the Tick-Tock Man")