[LMB] thanks for the name brainstorming

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Sun Jun 14 01:30:21 BST 2015

Thank you all for the name brainstorming.  Despite a week of trials, and
me trying different names in search-and-replace and taking them out
again about eight times, the character stubbornly refuses to be anybody
else, so her original name will stand.  I did try.  I feel like Oscar
Wilde with his comma.

However, this gives a reservoir for later names, of which I am always in
need, so your effort is not wasted.

First draft is done.  I am now into the waiting-on-other-people stage,
the last of the test readers and the first cover images, which will take
some unknown amount of time that I do not control. I should go off and
do something else for a while, and try not to get into a frenzy of
impatience.  A little delay is not a bad thing -- there's always some
glitch brought to my attention at the last minute or beyond, wanting a
fix.  Or so I tell myself.

Ta, L.