[LMB] OT: e-readers and how we carry them

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Jun 18 13:19:06 BST 2015

> On Jun 17, 2015, at 11:40 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>
>>> I don’t understand how men manage with wallets & other bulky items in their back pockets. Looks way too uncomfortable to me.
>>
>> Not to mention vulnerable to pickpockets, than the front pockets.
>
> I’ve always wondered why the back pocket. Howard, I’m glad you are comfortable sitting, and the wallet safe. Makes sense.

I even put my golf glove in my front pocket.    But that I can understand in the back pocket, as I see it hanging out, making it easy to grab again.   I also see back-pocket phones not all the way in.    It makes them easy to grab.

It’s even easier to grab a wallet that isn’t hanging out, from the back pocket.   When sitting down, people generally stand up to get their wallets - which doesn’t work in the car with a seatbelt on.    If I know I’m going to need my wallet in the car, I put my wallet in a shirt pocket.

I’m not generally in that big of a hurry to get my wallet out (time to insert jokes here).   I can have it in my more comfortable pocket.    Phones that are too big for my shirt pocket may persuade me to finally use my back pocket.

Oh - when I was in the USAF, I didn’t have any choice, the back right, buttoned pants pocket was where the wallet went.    Even for left handed people.