[LMB] OT: AKICOT:L smart phone uploads

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Jun 19 13:03:10 BST 2015

The companies involved seem to want us to switch from having stuff (music and apps etc) on our phones to having them on the web.    But using lots of web time costs money, and isn’t entirely reliable.

I switched my plan to a family plan with a monthly limit on how much my grandchildren can download from the web.   One grandson was the reason.

Some of this is psychological.   I want to own copies of my books and my music and carry them with me.    But if they are with me, I don’t have to depend upon cell reception.    I’d rather pay for more memory than for more bandwidth.