[LMB] OT: e-readers

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jun 27 12:57:53 BST 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:27:06 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On Jun 26, 2015, at 7:05 AM, Jason Long <sturmvogel66 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Howard,
>> I think that you're describing the way things should be. Elizabeth is
>> laughing because her experience says otherwise as people are fallible.
>

>Ahh.   The next generation will be fallible in different ways that don’t involve them not losing connectivity with their world.

I'm not convinced.  My daughter, who lives her life with her face in
some sort of screen[1], is the worst in the family for keeping things
charged.  She's constantly in a current-panic.

[1] We're worried about the Zombie Apocalypse?  It's here, as anyone who
spends any time with teenagers can attest.
--

Marc

homeopathic compression:  throw away the data and transmit the spaces; the data to
 be reconstructed from the spaces by virtue of these having remembered its shape.
the only compression method more effective with increasing original data density.
  - yr hmbl srppnt, 1st october 2004