[LMB] OT: Rowling BiA: Ch 15 - Lost and found.

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 00:41:59 BST 2015

Howard: re: Rowling

But, despite what the web page indicates, it doesn’t indicate why Brits are more
likely to pronounce her name correctly than Americans are.
--
Micki: She may have a larger data set, and it just seems like more Brits get it
right. Also, being in Britain, more Brits have a chance to see her and see her

I'd like to know, too, if there are other "ow" names or words that spring to mind
of the Britains who pronounce Rowling like the author does. That "ow" followed by
an "l" just seems to beg to be pronounced like "owl" to me. But of course, it
isn't.

(-: I've had enough of my own pronunciation blues (people calling me by something
other than what my parents called me) that I agree with Rowling. Call me whatever
you want, just don't call me late for dinner sort of thing.