[LMB] OT: Rowling BiA: Ch 15 - Lost and found.

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jun 30 15:51:28 BST 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 23:41:59 +0000 (UTC), "M. Haller Yamada"
<thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'd like to know, too, if there are other "ow" names or words that spring to mind
>of the Britains who pronounce Rowling like the author does. That "ow" followed by
>an "l" just seems to beg to be pronounced like "owl" to me. But of course, it
>isn't.

Bowling is the only one I can think of - I can think of a few of the
other sort (growling, fowling, howling, cowling, prowling, scowling).

So I can see why the assumption might go that way.
--

Marc

The other day, upon the stair,
I saw a man who wasn't there.