[LMB] Cover and books, was genesis of new book

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 17:00:02 GMT 2015

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 08:03:29 -0600, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com>
wrote:

>I will humbly admit to buying paperback editions of LORD of the RINGS because they were illustrated with color photos of the actors from the Peter Jackson blockbuster.
>
>OT:  I know one blogger who would have a screaming fit if I admitted that; he thinks movies are an outrageous travesty of excellent books. YMMV - in this case I don't pretend to be anything but a vulgar illiterate movie-preferring she-lout.

The movies *are* an outrageous travesty etc- as any movie of more than a
short story is destined to be.

The trick is to regard it not as a version of the text, but as a
different art-form.

Of course, you can go *too* far down that route (Logan's Run, anyone?)
--

Marc

"Dawn is a beautiful way to end an evening.  It's a lousy way  to start a day."
 - Dominic Flandry