[LMB] OT: Allergies

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue May 12 10:33:45 BST 2015

On 12 May 2015, at 02:08, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a big problem with motion sickness. The only thing stopping me
> from throttling all those 'you think yourself into it' people is that at the
> time they say it I'm too busy being horribly sick.

Have you tried to aim in their direction?

> Since I also have shocking balance (I can't ride a bicycle, I can lose my
> balance and fall over while standing still) and since I also have middle
> ear problems, which is one of the regions that affects balance, I have a
> theory about balance, middle ear and motion sickness. It doesn't include
> 'thinking yourself into it’.

Your theory has provable known facts attached. How are your sinuses? Sinuses filled with mucus can interact with the middle-ear (at least I think it’s the middle-ear) and affect balance. Having your eyes not working with each other can also do that—certainly made me dizzy around stairs. I’m also rather clumsy at times, and my ankles are too loose now and then: I’ll go to put my foot down, and my foot has turned under itself. Did it yesterday. Hate it.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
“I want to be magic. I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic.” ― Charles de Lint <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8456.Charles_de_Lint>