[LMB] CoC: Chapter 12 -- Things fall apart

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:18:14 BST 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > From: Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
>

> > But what is "something like this"?  Animals not indicating a god, or
> > animals not indicating a god in a case of death magic?  We know sundered
> > ghosts happen.
>

> .. In this case not only is the soul not taken, but the
> animals show very strong hostility, which confuses and confronts
> everyone present, including the massed divines and just about every
> high-level Learned in the place - this is a BIG and important funeral.
>
> And none of those present, from the Archdivine on down, have any
> idea what's going on.  There's an air of confusion about it all. Nobody
> says 'Oh my grandmother told me about a funeral she saw when she
>  was a girl...' or 'In her famous book about funeral rites, Learned Olia
> mentions a similar case...'
>
> Gwynne

And this isn't some country church where the divine is barely literate -
this is the capital, where all the gossip and horror stories are directed,
and where all the books get sent.  --Someone-- would  have known iif this
is a 'thing' which has happened before, where the animals aren't just
yawning at the corpse but actively avoiding it.

Heh. Not just the 'blue plate special' where the animals aren't hungry, but
the spinach & cod-liver combo that they must flee.

Sylvia