[LMB] CoC: Chapter 10 - Skirmishes

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Tue May 19 03:37:20 BST 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:12:49PM -0400, Sylvia McIvers wrote:

> They leave the hypothetical bi-person happy enough?
> But if someone is bi, they have two paths, and why should they take the
> path that leads to death?

I'm straight, but I can't help thinking you have a basic misconception
of bi people.  "Two paths" sounds like you think they have a male mode
and a female mode, and can choose which one to exercise; this seems
closely related to the idea that bi people can't be monogamous, because
they'll want to be out fulfilling the mode that their partner doesn't
match.

I imagine it's more like they can fall in love with a person just like
anyone else, it's just that the person might be of either sex.  They can
not walk away from their loved one any more easily than you could walk
away from your lover or spouse.  Bisexuality is an expansion of
possibility, not a backup plan.

-xx- Damien X-)