[LMB] CoC: Chapter 10 - Skirmishes

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Tue May 19 18:59:40 BST 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 01:12:13PM -0400, Sylvia McIvers wrote:

> Suppose Johnny likes one and loves the other? Then he might have some
> problems.  But the hypothetical issue was not 'likes better' or 'loves' but
> only 'likes the same'.

I thought the issue was whether Umegat could be bi.  You, or someone,
was saying that if he were bi, he could just stick with women and not
have to flee the Archipelago.  I'm saying that's wrong.  As a
hypothetical bisexual, he could have fallen in love with a man, and fled
because of the consequences of that.  Being bi isn't a free pass to
casually ignoring the person you're in love with because it'd be
socially inconvenient.

-xx- Damien X-)