[LMB] OT: Foot binding, was Barrayaran squid, was sort of, home decor.

Ruchira Mathur wetair at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:57:05 BST 2015

A woman told her to wear prettier heels!!!!!! Well! Though come to think of
it, only maybe a third of the female bosses wore high heels. A lot didn't
and they wouldn't tell anyone to wear high heels, let alone pretty high
heels.

People here sometimes leave heels at work or carry them in their bags,
because you can't walk up and down the gazzilion stairs on the subway in
high heels. Well, you could, but not without severe discomfort. So most
women don't do it, and either change at work or wear sensible work shoes.