[LMB] OT: Baen ebook encoding...

M R L Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Tue Nov 17 21:08:26 GMT 2015

From: Howard Brazee
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:41 AM

>>> That must be an awful lot of books - how many books does it take to fill
>>> up a Kindle?

>> Around 2,000.

>> I don't keep all mine on the Kindle, it makes finding them a pain.  It
>> could really do with (at least) another level of indexing....

>>> I don’t need my whole digital library on a Kindle, a few hundred books
>>> is fine, with the rest on my backed up computer available as needed.

>> Quite.  Both on Amazon's cloud (where appropriate) and on Calibre.

> None of my e-readers make it easy to find books - and sometimes they
> unaccountably sort incorrectly.

I found that some Kindle books sorted by author last name and some by first
name.

It seems the metadata has a sort key which isn't always as you might expect.

Calibre, I am told, can fix it as well as allowing adding a series marker.

Little Egret by email (Windows Live Mail)
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames