[LMB] OT: Soldier vs Solder

Hilary Powers hilary at powersedit.com
Wed Nov 18 20:44:21 GMT 2015

On 11/18/2015 10:36 AM, mmjustus at mmjustus.com wrote:
> I am writing a bio for a magazine, and JUST BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS, I ran a
> search for 'solder' as a typo for 'soldier.'
>
> Thanks for that ;)
>
> Sylvia
>
> I recently read a book where the word solider was a typo for soldier,
> too, so you might want to check that one as well.

If you work with subject matter that needs any of the three words more
than once in too long to worry about, it's probably useful to put the
others into the exclusion dictionary (assuming you're using Word). Or
all three, if they're equally likely to come up. That way, the spelling
checker will flag them every time so you can confirm they're what you
want - or not.

It's amazing how many mangers of pubic administration the world has been
spared by this technique....

--
-       Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA         -
-         Freelance copyediting and developmental editing            -