[LMB] OT: Free ebook sponsored by Microsoft

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Nov 19 01:23:55 GMT 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 01:05:03AM +0000, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 19:58:41 -0500, Fred Smith
> <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>

> >just  "bought" it. I can read it in the cloud reader, but can't
> >figure out how to get it delivered to my kindle reader for PC.
>
> Log in to your Amazon account.
>
> Under "Your account", find "manage content and devices".
>
> Find the book in the list.
>
> In the "actions" dropdown, select "deliver" and select the device you
> want it sent to.
>
> Or you can select "download and transfer by USB".

thanks!

selecting "download and transfer by USB" gives a dialog box from which
I'm supposed to select a device. all options are greyed out. below that
is red text saying:

"! You have selected content that is not compatible with any of your
registered devices. Please remove incompatible content from selection
for eligible devices to appear."

there is an OK box which when clicked apparently does nothing.

so, I'm lost here.

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.