[LMB] OT: Upgraded e-books

I iosef at gothic.net.au
Sat Nov 21 06:49:01 GMT 2015

On 21/11/2015 9:36 AM, Howard Brazee wrote:

> I also saw that Calibre converted it.    I’m not into graphic novels either.    I do have a fake book which is an AZW3, but acts like a graphic image for each page - maybe it’s usable with an iPad Pro.   I converted it with Calibre and it truncated much of each page, worthless.
> --

Volume 1 read fine on my iPad (4th gen). IIRC I have converted it to CBR
format(1) and read it with bookman lite free reader. I will get around
to the other 4 when I have spoons.

Iestyn

(1) CBR and CBZ are respectively RAR and ZIP files of images with a
modified extension. Make a folder with the image files named so that
page order and alphanumeric order are the same. Make a zip of the folder
then change the "zip" extension to "cbz". There are programs that will
extract each page of a PDF as a jpg and number them suitably.