[LMB] OT: Floss (ugh) was M/F LMB Readership

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 10:42:58 BST 2015

On 10/1/2015 1:53 AM, Paula Lieberman wrote:
> I noticed when I was getting/using a private pilot's license, that the
> "high performance" retractable gear planes, and particularly
> two-engines planes, the seats were MUCH more adjustable than the fixed
> gear planes--one started out in the much LESS adjustable seat planes,
> the ignominy of -cushions- was a necessity for he fixed gear planes
> for me--but NOT the higher performance/higher priced planes... but the
> inconvenience/annoyance/UNSAFENESS trying to fly the "entry level"
> plane, is LARGER deterrent to learning/wanting to learn to fly, if a
> short woman....
That was my mom's comment about getting her pilots license back in the
1950s. She was not fond of dad's piper cub, but preferred the comanche.
I don't remember the cub at all, but I do remember the comanche. [he
sold the cub after I luged down the cockpit with used milk when I was 3
days old and he was bringing mom and i back from the hospital and she
had fed me just before he hit a patch of turbulence. Oops. First, last
and only time I have been motionsick.]

---