[LMB] Bujold in translation: gendered modifiers

Louann Miller domelouann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:12:09 BST 2015

I remember reading some years ago that the French translation of
"Labyrinth" gave all the adjectives describing Nine/Taura feminine endings,
which kind of removed the shock of realizing that the monster was a
teenaged girl. I'm now studying Spanish, which means the requirement to
specify gender all over the sentence is at the top of my mind. How has this
been handled in cases like Bel Thorne or various ba characters?

Louann Miller