[LMB] OT: dropped

M R L Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Fri Oct 30 02:09:20 GMT 2015

From: Harvey Fishman
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 12:24 AM

> The TruCall box and the BT8500 phone (uses same technology) lets you
> require all callers not whitelisted or blacklisted to enter a code (can
> offer voicemail as well).

> That, to me, is a totally unacceptable situation where I can all too
> easily
lose calls. I currently have VOIP phone service from my cable company. This
provides me with Anonymous Call Rejection, CNID, and the ability to
explicitly block a list of numbers. NoMoRobo takes care of most, but not
all, robocallers.  The main problem that I have with robocallers is that
they capture the line and even though I hang up on them, I cannot easily
make an outgoing call until they release the line. I did receive one
robocall today and I promptly registered the number with NoMoRobo.

This is in transition here in Britain. Following some scams where the caller
held on to the line and played fake dial tone, the line is now released much
sooner.

But IIRC you can force a release by using Recall (as when setting up a three
way call or placing the caller on hold while you make another call).

Little Egret by email (Windows Live Mail)
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames