[LMB] The Birthday Tixie

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 02:57:12 BST 2015

The most remarkable thing happened when I opened my oven last night. It seems that I have an intermittent link to one of the ovens in Ma Kosti's kitchen. I pulled out two beautiful birthday cakes! The first is for Gordon Jackson. It's a lovely toasted marshmallow and ginger cake, covered with a toasty Italian meringue and filled with ginger butter cream -- I suspect butter bugs had a hand (or a mouth organ?) in the making of it. And the second is for Queenortart. We'll pass around a chocolate roulade. The roll cake has the density of plutonium, but the chocolate whipped cream in the middle is as light as air. Garnishes of giant chocolate curls waft off in the light breeze.  The Birthday Tixie waves her magic wand, and silvery water drops spray through the air, melting gently into the faces of all who have gathered to celebrate these two birthdays. (Some sort of Betan rejuvenating lotion, I should imagine. Betans know their skintypes.) Much happiness on this day to you both.