[LMB] CoC 25: three-scene cataclysm

Walter S Bushell proto at panix.com
Fri Sep 4 12:51:37 BST 2015

> On Sep 3, 2015, at 23:36, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Micki:I think much the same, with the corollary that sometimes the human isn't
> quite sure what's going on in the mind of the dog. Or cat. See all the times when
> the Gods' pushes don't take. Because of free will, the Gods can't always be sure
> that a carrot or a stick will produce the results they expect.
> --

There seems to be substantial text evidence that the gods don’t understand
our reaction to pain. OTOH, the gods may be thinking in terms much larger
than any individual. Like unto a military commander, sending some of his
troops into a death trap because of greater good in the war. such as
 “We lose these troops, but save a city from a sack.”

RE: Miles thought, “You _wanted authority. Now you’ve got it boy._”
In _In Memory_ just before ordering the crew to prepare for removal
of the chip, and before calling his emperor.

Things look different when you are in command.