[LMB] CoC 25: three-scene cataclysm

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:35:45 BST 2015

> From: "M. Haller Yamada" thefabmadamem at yahoo.com

> I don't think the "Look at poor old Martou" strategy would have worked in this case
> -- Caz was looking pretty tired and scruffy, too. Goose, gander.
>
> I do like that strategy for other stories, though.
> Micki

Caz wasn't at the funeral, and he wasn't nearly as important as Martou.

Part of the success of the strategy would be that it signals that Iselle is
open to the idea of replacing Martou, tired or not. That would be a huge
encouragement to other lords, stirring up some plotting, and keeping
 Martou busy and distracted  - if things hadn't resolved as they did, Iselle
 would need to assemble a power base, and weaken Martou's position. His
 family wasn't popular, so anything that would split his support is a good thing.

Gwynne