[LMB] graphic art

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 09:04:47 BST 2015

Hmmm, these are the covers of the future. I wonder how sepia (Vorkosigan brown) and cream would show up in the thumbnails.

It helps a lot with iconic images, though, to be so simplified.

For Shards, a broken heart being mended (how does one mend glass, anyway?
blowtorch?)

For Barrayar, a swaddled baby balanced on/over a sword?

For Warrior's Apprentice, a rocket ship heading outward? Or a crowd of iconic
people looking at an iconic person behind a pulpit/podium? (I think that book is
about how Miles learns that war and military isn't so much about valor and
weapons, but is more about managing people.)

Falling Free could be one of those International Symbol people with four arms,
each holding a tool (construction, gardening, medical and maybe music?).

Designing very very simple covers has to be at least 10 times harder than the
traditional SF cover . . . .

Micki