[LMB] bemused by bemused

Jennifer Johnson jennifer.johnson2557 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 02:22:42 BST 2015

On 5 September 2015 at 20:54, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> And I'd like to add a very happy vote for carolled, trod and bemused.
> Definitely lovely words, perfectly used, and adding colour and life. Some
> writers are so pedestrian in their word choices, I love writers who love words.

Oh, definitely. Not to mention belike my favorite Bujold word,
'belike'. Such lovely old fashioned connotations. Via Google, there's
a word usage chart showing it was well used in the first half of the
1800s but gradually fell out of use. I wonder if the relatively recent
uptake is due, at least in part, to Miles?