[LMB] CoC 25: three-scene cataclysm

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Sun Sep 6 04:40:15 BST 2015

On 9/4/2015 10:21 PM, M. Haller Yamada wrote:
> From: "M. Haller Yamada"
> I don't think the "Look at poor old Martou" strategy would have worked in this case
> -- Caz was looking pretty tired and scruffy, too. Goose, gander.
>
> I do like that strategy for other stories, though.
>
> Micki
> Beatrice Otter:
> ?I'm not sure I get your point. Caz was not present to be compared to, and wasn't the one fighting a whisper campaign even if he'd been there.
> It was dy Jironal trying to discredit Iselle, and Iselle who might have responded by whispering against dy Jironal. Even if he'd been there, how would Caz's looks have mattered?
> Beatrice Otter
> --
> Micki: Well, who is supposed to replace Martou? Caz, right? Oooh, he's not looking
> too good, young lady. You'd better have MY candidate to watch over what you do.
> That's what I was thinking.
Why ... would anyone assume, at this point, that Caz would be Iselle's
chancellor?  It would be far more natural, at this point (when he is not
known as a saint nor as a great ambassador nor as a mastermind nor as
anything else) to assume that he would continue on as Ista's secretary
and she would appoint someone of appropriate rank as chancellor.

Also, at this point, Orico is pretty much Roya in name only.  dy Jironal
rules for him.  That's the point--it's not chancellor vs. future royina,
it's current ruler trying to discredit future ruler so he can stay in
power.  They're not fighting over who will be Chancellor, they're
fighting over who will rule.  If she could cast doubt over his fitness
to rule--and to rule her--that's the most effective thing she could do
at this point.

Beatrice Otter