[LMB] CoC 25: three-scene cataclysm

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Sun Sep 6 04:45:13 BST 2015

>> From: "M. Haller Yamada"
>> I don't think the "Look at poor old Martou" strategy would have worked in this case
>> -- Caz was looking pretty tired and scruffy, too. Goose, gander.
>> Micki: Well, who is supposed to replace Martou? Caz, right? Oooh, he's not looking
>> too good, young lady. You'd better have MY candidate to watch over what you do.
>> That's what I was thinking.
> On 9/5/2015 8:48 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
> At the time of Teidez's funeral I doubt that most of the lords were aware
> that Caz even existed, let alone was a viable candidate for Martou's job.
> I guarantee that if Iselle dropped hints about Martou retiring, each and every
> one of those lords would start to plan how he'd take over the job, or how a
> son, grandson or other relative would do it.
>
> The royina's rather odd secretary wouldn't feature in anyone's plans. Yet.
>
> Gwynne
Good point!  I hadn't even thought of it yet, but it would start the
lords thinking of their own advantage as separate from dy Jironal. They
must all be conscious of so much power concentrated in one place.  He
blocks /their/ advancement.  Even if they don't get themselves or one of
their people to replace him when he retires, anyone else would have less
grasp on power, at least to start with, and that gives them room to
maneuver and advance.  Hinting that the best way for that to happen is
if Iselle takes power in her own right--that might give them second
thoughts.

Beatrice Otter