[LMB] late-series copy-editing/copyediting/copy editing, was Character Study: Gregor - Job dissatisfaction

Caroline Tabach ctabach at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 18:23:27 BST 2015

Since this is Miles telling someone else about something that happened
before he was born, I thought that it  is logical  he might have got his
facts muddled.

Children are often not 100% clear about what their parents have done, and
this is natural. It is not telling history, but telling what Miles
perceives or thinks happened.  And this is OK to leave in.

Sent from my mobile
Caroline Tabach
ctabach at gmail.com
On 6 בספט 2015 18:50, "Lois McMaster Bujold" <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:

> [LMB] Character Study: Gregor - Job dissatisfaction
> Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
> Sun Sep 6 14:25:16 BST 2015
>

> Gwynne:
>
> So we see Gregor:
> '...He was thin, of
>

> LMB:  Ayup.  I have just done a read-through of _tVG_ this week, a light
proofread/ copy-edit of the 2011 file used for the direct-placement
e-edition, in antt.  ("Inconsistant" was one of the mis average reader
rereading the

The next is more of a puzzle, where Miles is describing, not terribly
accurately, his mother's military career in the Pretendership to Cavilo,
and there are all sorts of Watsonian reasons he might have things
scrambled.  Thoughts?