[LMB] late-series copy-editing/copyediting/copy editing, was Character Study: Gregor - Job dissatisfaction

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 01:19:18 BST 2015

________________________________
From: Caroline Tabach
Since this is Miles telling someone else about something that happened
before he was born, I thought that it  is logical  he might have got his
facts muddled.

Children are often not 100% clear about what their parents have done, and
this is natural. It is not telling history, but telling what Miles
perceives or thinks happened.  And this is OK to leave in.

Micki: After all, a lot of The Warrior's Apprentice was about how Miles garbled and
romanticized his parents' (and Elena's parents') experiences during the war with
(at?) Escobar. I can definitely see Miles getting part of it wrong, and spinning
the rest to suit his present persona and his audience.