[LMB] graphic art

Bill Masek billmasek at comcast.net
Mon Sep 7 18:18:06 BST 2015

While it would be nice if the icon reflected the Nexus, what is the icon?  While Falling Free is a good novel I do not think anyone thinks you should start with it.  I’m not sure it makes sense to let that novel define the icon for the series.

What else besides the Count is distinctive about the series, the Uterine Replicator, the interplay between different civilizations, like Barrayar, Betan, Cetaganda or then how a physically handicapped person fits into a world scarred by nuclear war.  Nothing else is distinctive.  I’m not sure how any of those features would make a good icon to be seen or recognized by someone who is unfamiliar with the series.
,
Bill Masek
Long time fan and lurker on the list, uncommon poster.