[LMB] Gregor - What a coincidence! Veering OT:

Hilary Powers hilary at powersedit.com
Thu Sep 10 00:08:41 BST 2015

On 9/9/2015 3:31 PM, Katherine Collett wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2015, at 5:50 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> What's the Heinlein short story along those lines?  Where they take up the scenery behind the main character?
>>
>> Hmmm.  Rings a vague bell..... like a Potemkin village?  Or that weird
>> film with Jim Carrey?
>
> Seems to be the short story "They" in the collection The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag -- at least from what I can tell from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_(Heinlein) without actually pulling the book out.

What springs to mind is a short story titled something like "Yesterday
Is Wednesday" (or possibly "...Tuesday"), but Google doesn't find it
easily. The Magic 8-Ball I use for a memory doesn't associate it with
Heinlein, though. The premise is that the world the protagonist thinks
of as real life is a huge stage set, and he somehow slips through into
yesterday, where everything is being disassembled, probably including
those who don't belong there.

--
-       Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA         -
-         Freelance copyediting and developmental editing            -