[LMB] analogy: Quintarians are to Quadrenes as Betans are to Barrayarans

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 11:34:41 BST 2015

> From: Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 04:52:19PM -0400, Elizabeth Stowe wrote:
> > Micki: Actually, it's not entirely clear if either the Roknaris or the
> > Darthacan/Chalionese/Ibrans are actually invading to convert people to their
> > beliefs. We don't know if there was a European-style Crusades movement to
> > bring the Good Word of the Dratsab to the "heathen." Or if the Roknari are
> > fighting to contain the spread of Dratsab, or are actively fighting to suppress
> > Dratsab-worship everywhere.

> The Golden General seems to have planned something of the sort, but of
> course we don't have much in the way of details.  It's not clear if
> the initial Roknari conquest of the Ibran peninsula was motivated by
> greed, glory, or religion (more likely, a combination of all three.)

Another theory forms.... The GG intended to sweep the Quintarian Heresy
away entirely, but then his daughter was invaded by a demon, and he'd need
help from a saint of the Bastard to get it removed. Maybe this was a godly plot
 to change his attitudes. But it all went horribly wrong.

Gwynne (a theory for every occasion.)