[LMB] analogy: Quintarians are to Quadrenes as Betans are to Barrayarans

Margaret Devere margaret at devere.net
Fri Sep 11 05:36:47 BST 2015

Gwynne writes:

I don't think the gods take much notice of who is being worshipped. It
matters for the Temple, and the organisations for each god - they need the
money to support themselves, and the work they do in the community.

Me:

Free-associating to this ....

What evidence do we have that the five gods are really five different
entities? Why couldn't they be one entity with multiple manifestations or
faces or aspects? Or even five different projections of human desire, built
up and codified over time?

(I guess this is in general support of Gwynne's point.)