[LMB] OT: Re Birthday Tixie

Elizabeth Stowe estowe427 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 01:50:38 BST 2015

Beatrice: It has been a fraught week. My sister and her husband flew over from
UK to join us for this birthday, <snip> The doctor took one look and ordered him to rest with his leg raised.
He was not allowed to fly on to Cairns and it is in doubt as to
whether he will be allowed to fly to Canberra on Tuesday. <snip> We are just
keeping our fingers crossed that he will be OK to fly back to UK on
the 24th.

es: Sounds like a careful doctor. My husband will have a hip replaced in November, and his surgeon's greatest concern is long plane flights. He says that the FAA has been remiss in allowing airlines to keep passengers stuck in their seats. The flight from Australia to the UK must be very, very long.