[LMB] CoC Chapter 27 -- Shakespeare -- Sonnet 130[1]

Katrina Allis k.m.allis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 08:49:45 BST 2015

On 12 September 2015 at 15:16, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:
<snip interesting discussion between Walter and Gwynne in order to reply to
the one point I want to comment on>

Walter:

> Cazaril is saved by divine intervention, probably because he?s the
> > best man to handle the upcoming invasion of Quintarian populations
> > by the Quintarian, or perhaps due to the requests of Iselle ? spiritual
> > greatness runs in the family and Betriz.
>
> Gwynne:

> I think he's also saved because the Daughter is fond of him and wants
> him to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

I think Cazaril has saved because a lot of effort has been put into making
Caz a useful person for the Daughter to work through in the world.  She's
not going to waste a useful tool by letting him die for good when he
doesn't need to!  Plus, if one rewards someone appropriately for the work
they've done, then they're more likely to be available to do good work in
the future.

Cazaril and Betriz get the benefit of this (as do Iselle and Bergon by not
losing their advisor/chancellor).

Katrina

--
Prayer, he suspected as he hoisted himself up and turned for the door, was
putting one foot in front of the other.  Moving all the same.