[LMB] analogy: Quintarians are to Quadrenes as Betans are to Barrayarans

Elizabeth Stowe estowe427 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 12:57:42 BST 2015

Eric: I wonder what's the god for people who would just rather be innocent

> bystanders?

es: I think following the conventional pattern works for most people. Girls and soldiers of the Daughter to her; boys and military of the Son to him; adult women and medical types to the Mother; adult men and legal types to the Father. (And some others the list has discussed.) Just as Bergon and Iselle's wedding ritual assumed a move from Son and Daughter to Father and Mother. It's a way to stay under the radar.

However, Eric, you don't really, in your heart of hearts, think of yourself as conventional, innocent, or a bystander, do you? (I'm intending humor here.)