[LMB] saint for the curses & spirit animals? petty saints for every day?

Walter S Bushell proto at panix.com
Mon Sep 14 13:22:09 BST 2015

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 01:47, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:
>
> Wasn't Umegat a saint for years?
>
> And Ista looks set to be a major saint for a long time.
>
> -xx- Damien X-)

Indeed. Herself has stated that she and her household live
by the sea (in a land called Honalee??!) and have people come
to them to have demons removed from them or animals.

This motif appears also in Barrayar’s series when Alys gives
the Koudelkas a “cottage” (as she describes it) by the sea.

I wonder if Ista ever gets to the point of being able to transfer
demons without killing the host to appropriate hosts as a civilized
demon is a very valuable asset.

Remember demons and people are not after all that different. We
both live by spreading chaos and find going uphill different. We
both have to be taught to be considerate of others. How many times
did I have to be told, “How would it feel if that would happen to
you?” in various forms.