[LMB] copyedit con't

Paula Lieberman paal at filker.org
Wed Sep 16 22:14:17 BST 2015

'"Yes," he bowed'
reminds me of

'Her eyes spat fire."

Unless bowing in the particular way == nonverbally communicating "yes"
(e.g., Liaden body language), or someone has a paranormal talent wherein the
character can set thing on fire by -looking- or glaring at them, both of
those tend to be examples of poor grammatical construction.  I forget what
the term is.  They tend to be signs of bad writing/editing. '

My opinion regarding to have or not have stories available unbundled--I
think that it's better to go for the more flexible option, of having them
available both ways.  Someone might want to buy one at a time, or want an
e-version of one or more but not all, of the short works.  Perhaps Mountains
of Morning is the person's favorite story, and The Weatherman the person
never wants to see again, for example.   Or, someone wants Winterfair Gifts
because the person adores ACC, but is indifferent to stories without romance
in them, including the shorter works (and especially the one where the
intrepid woman does not survive.

Something possible with ebooks is annotations, as regards linguistic
mutation over time, and explaining i.

--Paula Lieberman