[LMB] OT: ebook pagination

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 21:51:11 BST 2015

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:54:01 -0400, "fishman at panix.com"
<fishman at panix.com> wrote:

>With Kindle's .azw (and other Mobi formats) and also ePub, page numbers fixed with the original conversion. That was one of the advantages of Sony's original BBeB format (.lrf and such). It reformatted books on the fly so that when you turned a page the page number always changed. Somehow Sony always had better formats that the market did not accept i.e. Beta tapes.

I'm surprised Sony didn't learn from Betamax.  They seemed to have
learned with CD, where they and Philipps licensed it to anyone who'd
pay.

But they consistently went their own way on formats again after that
(memory stick, for instance).  It must be that Philipps are the ones
with the marketing smarts.